Super Fun 21 blackjack
Super Fun 21 is a blackjack variation that you can find at both land-based casinos and online gambling sites. Super Fun 21 is similar to your standard game rules in blackjack barring a few subtle differences.
Some of the points that make Super Fun 21 different to standard variants of blackjack include:
- The player is automatically awarded a win if their hand has six cards or more with a total of 21. (this rule applies even if the dealer has 21 or blackjack)
- Players can split hands up to four times
- A player blackjack beats a dealer’s blackjack
- Players can double down at any point, despite how many cards they have been dealt
- Players automatically win 2:1 with a hand consisting of five or more cards that total 21, even if the dealer gets a blackjack.
Where to play Super Fun 21 online
Online blackjack is one of the most popular card games played at online casino sites. The game has been around for hundreds of years and although the game has changed over the years, the base rules remain constant.
However, over the past few decades — and especially with the rise of online gambling — a few new games have been added to the blackjack stable. Although these games are all quite similar, there are enough differences to allow these games to stand on their own and to attract their own fans.
One such game is Super 21, which is a quick and exciting version of blackjack. Some blackjack purists tend to shun the newer types of blackjack due to the fact that the rules are slightly different.
Super Fun 21 gameplay and rules
The base rules of Super 21 are almost identical to the blackjack rules that you would have played in the past. Each player is dealt two cards after the initial bet has been made and then you have the option of hitting, standing, splitting or doubling down. The cards are all ranked according to blackjack rankings with all cards being their face value, K/Q/J being worth 10 and Aces worth 1 or 11.
The game of Super 21 makes winning a little bit easier for you as the player, but there are also a few rules that have been added in to ensure that the balance between fairness and the house edge remains within the usual boundaries.
Super Fun 21 Gameplay rules:
- You are allowed to double after splitting..
- You are allowed to re-split up to four times – this also allows you to re-split Aces.
- If you have a pair of Aces, you may split and then double down – in fact, you can double down on any cards in your hand.
- You are allowed to surrender late and you may also surrender half your bet after doubling down.
- If you have 6 cards in your hand (or more) that total 20 or less then this is a winning hand – this does not apply to a double down.
- If you have 5 cards in your hand (or more) that total 21 then you will be paid out 2:1 – once again this does not apply if you have doubled down.
You may be thinking that there are many ways in which Super 21 favours you as the player. This may be true, but there are other rules which balance the game:
- The dealer must hit on a soft 17.
- Blackjack only pays out 1:1 unless the blackjack is in diamonds to which you will be paid out 2:1.
If you are new to online blackjack and want to learn the basics a great place to start is our blackjack hub, or read our strategy guide to winning at blackjack.