Boku online casinos in 2020
Boku online casinos are readily available in 2020, with 100s of real money casinos boasting this mobile payment method option. In short, gambling payments using Boku allow you to deposit money to your casino account by debiting it to your phone bill, or taking it off your prepaid phone balance. Our guide to Boku casino deposits will teach you everything you need to know about gambling online with this method, including how to use it and the company’s history.
Our top Boku casinos for 2020 are:
Step by step: Depositing with Boku at online casinos
The process of making deposits to online casinos with Boku is reasonably straightforward and an instant method of funding gambling accounts. This section is a step-by-step guide to depositing at Boku casino sites.
1 – Find a casino with Boku: The first step in using Boku as a deposit method at online casinos is finding one that accepts it. All of the Boku casinos in the above table we can vouch for as safe places to use this mobile payment method.
2 – Create a new casino account: This is straightforward and involves you giving over some of your personal details, such as email address, phone number and address. You will be required to prove this information, if it can’t be verified automatically.
3 – Visit the cashier and choose Boku as your payment method: The next step is using it to fund the account. Visit the cashier or banking section of the casino and choose Boku, or Pay by mobile, option.
4 – Boku Payments page: After you select Boku as your casino payment method, you will be redirected to a little pop-up window which will prompt you through the process. You will be required to enter in how much you wish to deposit and your phone number at this stage.
5 – Verify the transaction via SMS text: Following step 4, you will then receive an SMS text with a PIN code to verify your payment. Enter in the PIN code.
6 – Final Boku casino payment verification: After you have entered in your Boku PIN you will receive a final text message. You are required to reply “Yes” or “No” to accept or decline the casino payment.
7 – Verification screen and funded casino account: After you have replied to the PIN, wait a few moments and your casino account screen should refresh and display your updated balance. If you have any trouble with the transaction, contact the customer service of the sites we mention above.
Best Boku online casinos in 2020
Boku is a burgeoning online payment system that seems to be growing as a gambling deposit method all the time. More and more online casinos are accepting Boku. It is a mainstream deposit option in regulated markets, even though it is a fair few rungs below other payment processors such as Paypal.
Some of the top online gambling companies that have Boku payments include Genesis Casino and Temple Nile Casino, with both of these casinos having UK and Malta licensing. Having pointed out these two casinos, it’s no word of a lie to say there are another 200 reputable Boku gambling sites that you would be safe playing at.
So, when attempting to find a Boku online casino to play at, be sure to do your homework, read reviews of the casino, make sure there is a reliable customer service department and you’re not throwing good money after bad.
Why Boku gambling payments have blossomed
Boku was founded in 2009 and has steadily grown to become a prominent payment company in world gambling. Originally latching on to social media giants such as Facebook and Twitter to facilitate customer purchases, Boku eventually became a common payment gateway at online vendors. Because it has grown in the social media age, Boku primarily has a young audience, with many of its users having no other online payment methods available.
Boku announced higher than average transactions during the covid-18 crisis of 2020, with more punters turning to online gambling to get their fix. Boku said the growth had primarily been in countries in Asia, where advanced banking systems are less common and more people really on SMS to pay for products online.
Pros of using Boku payments at online casinos
- Boku is very easy to use with it taking just a few minutes to finalise a transaction. All you need is a valid phone number in a country where online casinos accept Boku payments.
- Boku is very safe: Security plays a big role in casino banking, with some big amounts of money being moved around. Boku means players don’t have to share personal banking details with a gambling site. This means if a gambling company is breached, your own banking details won’t be compromised.
- Boku lets you play now, pay later: Want to play at an online casino, but don’t have the money until the end of the month? Boku allows you to just put the money on your phone bill, and pay for it later
- Low fees at Boku casinos: It doesn’t cost you anything to use the service, other than the money loading into your casino account.
- No bank needed: It’s surprising how often we get asked about funding betting sites or casinos with a method that doesn’t involve a bank. Boku payments are a mobile or sms payment method, meaning no bank is needed to fund your casino account.
Cons of using Boku payments
- Boku deposit limits: Boku is mainly used for smaller transactions, with the daily limit in the UK being £30, which is on the low side for a casino payment. Having said this, for many players £30 will be enough for hours worth of play on the slots.
- Limited service: While Boku is great for singular small casino payments, if you are looking for a deposit option that will also allow you to withdraw, Boku is not for you. It is currently not possible to withdraw winnings via Boku. Having said this there are plenty of other casino withdrawal methods.
- Boku is in regulated gambling markets only: Boku online casinos are only available in regulated gambling markets, meaning even places where Boku is active like Australia, but casinos are banned, you won’t find this deposit method available. It’s great for casino players in places such as the United Kingdom and Sweden.
Withdrawals at online casinos with Boku banking
Probably the single biggest drawback of Boku as a deposit and withdrawal option at online casinos, is that withdrawals are unavailable. Given the technicalities involved in effectively making withdrawals back to your phone bill, we can’t see this happening anytime soon.
Boku fees when making gambling deposits
Phone carriers can charge merchants as much as 30% on Boku deposits, in comparison to around 2% on credit card deposits at casinos, meaning some of this cost could be passed back on to the customer. Having said this, these high charges were reported a few years ago, and in our experience Boku has been free to use when depositing at UK casinos using a T-Mobile phone account.
Verdict: Is Boku a safe casino payment method?
The number of Boku online casinos is growing all the time, and if you are a low-limit or player not looking to deposit huge amounts of cash, we have no problems recommending it. Just remember you still have to pay for the Boku casino deposit, you essentially are just putting it off until your phone bill is due. Because Boku gambling payments are instantly processed, have low fees and are available at many of the top online casinos, they are highly respected in the iGaming industry. Will the next phase in casinos accepting Boku deposits be approved mobile phone bills with higher limits? We can’t wait to find out.