Best Mastercard betting sites in South Africa 2023
South Africa has a legal and vibrant online betting industry and Mastercard bookmakers are not hard to find. The best Mastercard betting sites in South Africa include household names such as Sportingbet, Betway and HollywoodBets and allow you to wager on both sports and racing events from across the globe. Mastercard betting bonus offers, free bets and low fees are all features of credit and debit betting sites. Our guide to the top Mastercard betting sites in South Africa will teach you the ins and outs of funding bookmaker accounts using Rand (ZAR) and this payment option. The top SA Mastercard betting sites for 2023 are:
Get up to R1000 bonus on your First Deposit
100% up to R1000
R25 Free Bet - No Deposit Bonus
R10,000 First Deposit Bonus!
Top Mastercard betting sites
Almost all online betting sites accept Mastercard, which means you really need to do your homework before signing up and depositing real money. Basically, there are good and safe Mastercard betting sites and there are others that are less scrupulous.
The World Gambling List makes a point of only promoting Mastercard betting sites that we personally have wagered with and found to be safe options, that will look after your money and provide a strong wagering service. Our team on the ground in South Africa have spent considerable time testing these Mastercard betting sites that have made our list.
Defining the top Mastercard betting sites for you will largely come down to what you are looking for in a bookmaker. Do you want to bet on horse racing or sports? Or are you looking for live casino? These are all questions that you must answer before betting online. Once you have done that you should be able to hone into the best Mastercard bookmaker for you.
The best Mastercard betting sites will let you fund your account via computer, smartphones and tablets and many will even have downloadable apps, with this generally powered by iOS and Android software.
While Mastercard deposits at betting sites are popular, there are many other online betting payment options that you can fund your account with. For instance, Paypal betting sites are massive in regulated countries, while country-specific payments like Ozow (South Africa) and POLi (Australia) are slowly becoming more popular.
Top South African betting sites accepting Mastercard:
There are upwards of 35 online bookmakers in South Africa, which are of differing standards and licensed by the various province regulators. The World Gambling List has spent considerable time writing our bookmaker reviews and analysing the best Mastercard betting sites for South Africans:
- Sportingbet.co.za: A highly visible brand in South African sports betting, Sportingbet.co.za sits comfortably up the top of our best Mastercard betting sites list. First-class apps and website make Sportingbet one of the easiest bookmakers to fund your account at. Sportingbet review.
- HollywoodBets.co.za: HollywoodBets has a long history in South Africa and is among the most popular wagering brands. With high ZAR payment limits, HollywoodBets is not afraid to take on the high rollers and despite limited apps they make our to Mastercard bookies list. HollywoodBets review.
- Bet.co.za: While not as well known as other Mastercard betting sites, Bet.co.za provides a first-rate wagering experience and potentially boasts the best promotions and bonus offers out of all these brands. With downloadable apps for both Android and iOS, Bet is one of the new breed of gambling companies growing increasingly popular in South Africa. Bet.co.za review.
- SupaBets: SupaBets has copped some flak in the past for slow payouts and confusing terminology surrounding its bonus offers, but they have provided a strong service across much of Africa for a long time. SupaBets sits among our top Mastercard betting sites for sports and horse racing. SupaBets review.
- PlayaBets: A smaller, boutique Mastercard bookmaker, Playabets specialises in sports betting and provides an efficient service. PlayaBets probably lacks the betting markets of other Mastercard betting sites, but they do have some unique features, particularly surrounding promotions. PlayaBets review.
- Betway: One of the most popular Mastercard betting sites sin South Africa is Betway, which has launched its own dedicated Rand-only South African website. With great apps on both major mobile platforms, high-profile sponsorships and a strong reputation, Betway is clearly a leading Mastercard bookie. Betway SA review.
Step-by-step: How to deposit at betting with Mastercard
Time needed: 5 minutes.
In this section we will give you a succinct description of how to fund your online betting account with Mastercard in South Africa. Some SA betting sites’ processes and checks will be slightly different, but you should be betting within minutes when signing up at online bookmakers.
- Find a SA Mastercard betting site Basically there are good betting sites and unsafe vendors that will accept ZAR Mastercard deposits. Sign up at one of the betting sites advertised on this page to be sure your money will be kept safe.
- Open a new Mastercard bookmaker account This part of the process is simple and involves filling in a form with your personal details, including things such as your name, address, email address, date of birth and other personal details. It’s crucial you give the correct details here, because if you don’t you may not be able to verify your account.
- Funding your online betting account with Mastercard Now you have opened a new betting account, you are ready to make your first Mastercard deposit. Simply visit the Mastercard betting site’s banking or cashier section and select Mastercard as your payment option. Enter in the amount you wish to deposit and punch in the details of your card, hitting confirm when you are ready to make the payment.
- Placing bets at Mastercard bookmakers and verifying your account Now you are ready to place bets on sports and racing events, which is different from site to site, but similar nonetheless. Generally you will make your selections and then get the opportunity to say how much you wish to bet at the bet slip part of your new account. Just be aware you might need to verify your Mastercard betting site, which involves proving your identity either electronically or with documents you email or fax in.
Mastercard betting fees
Mastercard betting sites are generally fee-free, meaning you can load your account without it costing you a cent extra. Where this can change is when you need to convert your local currency into another one, with this fee sometimes as much as 4%, but this will be a charge from your bank, rather than Mastercard.
Basically, Mastercard is one of the cheaper ways to load a betting account with funds, sitting alongside other debit and credit cards. You can learn more about online bookmaker deposit fees here.
Mastercard betting sites conclusion
Mastercard betting sites in South Africa are regarded as safe by the World Gambling List, with all of the bookmakers we promote on this website accepting this payment method. The best Mastercard betting sites are licensed and regulated by the Western Cape Gambling Board or another South African gambling regulator, which means you have a path of recourse if anything goes wrong with your deposit. Mastercard has low fees and generally does not void any deposit bonus offers or free bets that you may be eligible for at the betting site.