Jewel of the Dragon slot review
Game by: Bally Technology
Ways to win: 243 Ways
Availability: Play on mobile, tablet & desktop
Unfortunately this game is unavailable at the moment on the web. Rest assured when it comes back online we will update this review
This game is on fire and so are the Hot Zones! With each spin, a shape will drop across the reels. If this “Hot Zone” lands on the symbols, they become wild. Get on a hot streak with Jewel of the Dragon.
Many people will be familiar with this slot given Bally converted it from a land-based slot game into an online version. It also might strike a chord with fans of the slot Sumo Kitty, as it uses the same game engine, although it obviously has a different theme.
General overview & Interface
The objective of the game is to obtain winning symbol combinations by spinning the reels.
The Win Meter displays the total amount won for any single spin. The Cash Meter displays current amount available that you can wager.
Select this button to view the in game help and pay screen. Selecting the Back and Next button will cycle the pages through the available Help / Pay screens. Selecting the Exit button will close the Help / Pay screens and return to the game.
Toggles on or off game sound.
Selecting the Auto Play button opens a sub-menu. Select one of the options for the number of games to be played automatically: 5, 10, 15, 20, or 25. Scroll through the options to select the number of Spins. Selecting one of the options to be played will start automatic play. To close the Auto Play sub menu without making a selection, select the Auto Play button. During Auto Play the Spin button becomes a STOP AUTOPLAY button. Selecting this button will stop Auto Play once the current spin is complete. During Auto Play the Help / Pays, Mute and Auto Play start are unavailable, they are replaced with a counter that displays the number of Auto Play Spins Remaining.
This meter displays the number of lines being played. All lines are always in play.
This meter displays the amount wagered per line played. Selecting the + button raises the wager per line. Selecting the – button lowers the wager per line.
This meter displays the total amount wagered per spin. To raise or lower this amount select the + or – in the Per Line meter.
Selecting this button will initiate a game at the currently set parameters. This button can also be selected to immediately stop all animations and posting of awards after a game is played. If the button is pressed it will also immediately begin another game (spin).
Jewel of the Dragon features
In our experience Jewel of the Dragon has some great feautures, including the famous hot zone feature, a great free game bonus and the drop zone bonus.
Hot Zone bonus
- Hot Zones are wild patterns that have a chance to land on the reels at the end of each spin.
- Hot Zone wilds substitute for all symbols except FG and Drop Zone Diamonds.
- Hot Zones that land on an FG or Diamond do not prevent that symbol from paying as described in the paytable.
Free spins bonus
- 3, 4 or 5 scattered FG symbols awards 8 free games at current bet + normal scatter pay.
- Free games cannot be retriggered and the feature ends when no free games remain.
- Hot Zone frequencies are different in free games than in the base game
- Hot Zones that appear on the reels during the free games remain in place for any remaining free games.
- Free games are played at the line bets in play when the feature was initiated.
Drop Zone bonus
- 3, 4 or 5 scattered Drop Zone Diamond symbols awards the Drop Zone feature
- Player picks 1 of 3 diamonds and is awarded a Drop Zone shape that will appear on the reels.
- Drop Zones are patterns of wilds that substitute for all symbols except FG and Diamond.
- Drop Zones that land on a FG or Diamond do not prevent that symbol from paying as described in the paytable.