Top South African soccer betting sites 2023
There are many legal soccer betting sites in South Africa, with this country having a flourishing sports wagering industry. Known as football in many countries, it is one of the most popular sports to bet on at soccer bookmakers, with both local competitions and overseas leagues like the EPL drawing great interest. SA soccer betting sites generally have some outstanding promotions and bonus offers for customers, so it pays to shop around before committing to any one bookmaker. Learn more about soccer bookmakers below, or sign up at one of the top soccer betting sites:
R25 Free Bet - No Deposit Bonus
Get up to R1000 bonus on your First Deposit
100% up to R1000
100% up to R3000
R10,000 First Deposit Bonus!
Top Soccer bookmakers in South Africa
The best South African soccer bookmakers are allowed to operate in South Africa, with these legal betting sites licensed by a provincial regulator. The top SA soccer betting sites boast licensing from the likes of the Western Cape Gambling Board, allow you to wager on both local and international football events and have some great promotions and bonus offers surrounding the world game.
The best betting sites accepting soccer bets in South African include global brands like betway and Sportingbet, although it is worth noting that they have their own dedicated website for this part of the world. As a general rule if a soccer bookmaker is not hosted on a website finishing in .co.za or is HollywoodBets.net you should doubly check that the operator is safe.
Popular soccer betting sites will have odds available on pretty much every competition and association from around the world. These include the biggest soccer leagues in the world like:
- English Premier League
- Serie A
- Ligue 1
While popular soccer betting sites will have the major leagues covered extensively, there is great interest in other football leagues in South Africa, with these including the local competitions and other domestic leagues from around the world.
- Premier Soccer League (South Africa)
- A-League (Australia)
- J-League (Japan)
- Major League Soccer
International fixtures also plays a major role in the soccer landscape in South Africa, with the Bafana Bafana the national team. Whenever the Bafana Bafana is playing at least several of our top soccer betting site for South Africans will have promotions running surrounding the match. These soccer betting promotions are expanded when there is a major international tournament, like the Africa Cup of Nations or the FIFA World Cup on.
The top soccer betting sites in South Africa will allow you to wager from both mobile and desktop computers, with some even having downloadable apps for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. Because these football betting sites are targeting South Africa specifically, you can rest assured they cater to the Rand and will have convenient deposit options available.
Top 5 soccer betting sites in South Africa
The best soccer betting sites in South Africa are among the leading betting brands in the world. The top 5 soccer betting sites for 2023 are:
- Sportingbet: One of the major sponsors of the Premier Soccer League, Sportingbet is one of the best football bookamakers in South Africa. Sportingbet also has outstanding downloadable apps, and gives punters the ability to place multibets. (Sportingbet soccer review)
- Betway: Another huge global betting brand is Betway.co.za, with this soccer betting site proving over a lengthy period it is one of the premier places to wager on football. Betway South Africa has downloadable apps and great promotions surrounding international football competitions. (betway soccer review)
- HollywoodBets: This is one brand we absolutely love, but we’re truly amazed that they have not updated their website into this century. HollywoodBets has great odds on various football associations from around the world, while they also allow live betting and telephone betting. (Hollywoodbets soccer review)
- SunBet: Owned by Sun International, SunBet is comfortably one of the best online bookmakers for soccer betting. While not having the depth in their odds with other sports, SunBet does an outstanding job covering both local and international football. Definitely check out the promotions SunBet is running when the Bafana Bafana are playing because we have seen some great deals in the past. (Sunbet soccer review)
- Supabets: A popular betting brand right across Africa, SupaBets is one of the leading wagering brands for football. While their website can be a little clunky, SupaBets clearly is passionate about soccer and we have no hesitation including them in our top 5 soccer betting sites list. (Supabets soccer review)
Popular soccer competitions to bet on
Soccer is one of the biggest sports in South Africa, with it insanely popular right across the continent. In South Africa the no.1 competition to wager on is the Premier Soccer League, although there is probably more spent betting on overseas competitions like the EPL and international fixtures than there is on the local leagues.
- Premier Soccer League
- English Premier League
- Canadian Premier League
- Major League Soccer
- La Liga
- Full list of soccer competitions
Betting on soccer from mobile
If you want to bet on football from your mobile devices it is easy to do so in 2021. Most soccer betting sites will have a fully functional mobile platform. For starters they will usually have a website you can visit on your device, or if you are regular, you can download apps. South Africans have plenty of good betting apps available to them
Betting from mobile is the #1 way South Africans bet on football in 2021, with several bookmakers confirming this fact. It is not much different to betting from a computer, with it just a scaled back version of their desktop website. In fact, often mobile websites can be easier to navigate, with this improving all the time.
Some soccer betting sites will even have live streaming available on mobile, which means you can potentially place a bet on a game and then watch it on the same device.
Soccer betting apps
The best soccer betting apps for South Africans are available to download on Android and Apple iOS smartphones. The top soccer betting apps will give you access to odds on all the major football leagues across the world. This includes Bafana Bafana games and local football associations like the PSL.
Best Android soccer betting apps
Android soccer betting apps are available to download directly from betting sites after you have signed up at the bookmaker. Generally, you will need to turn non-market apps on, which allows you to download apps from third party sources. Soccer betting apps for Android will be familiar with those who have Samsung and other devices using this operating system.
iOS or Apple soccer betting apps
iOS betting apps for soccer are available to Apple users, with bookmaker apps available to download directly from the App Store. This means to download and install a soccer betting app for Apple, you first need to create an account at your chosen soccer betting site and then follow the prompts to download the app.
Bet types available at soccer bookmakers
- Match odds: The most popular bet type in soccer, sometimes referred to as the win-draw-win bet. This is a bet on the overall winner of the game, for instance Mamelodi Sundowns might be 1.50 favourite to beat Supersport United, who are at 2.50 with a draw at 1.90. This means a 100 Rand wager on Victory would give you a return of R150, while a United victory would give you a dividend of R250. If you have bet on a draw and are successful you would receive a R190 return.
- Multi-betting: Is when you combine several individual bets on the same ticket. For instance you might bet on Kaizer Chiefs to defeat Bidvest Wits, Khama Billiat to score the winning goal and Mamelodi Sundowns to beat Orland Pirates. This is a high risk but high reward way to bet that has become very popular in in South Africa because the odds can be attractive. Is sometimes be referred to as a parlay or a combo bet.
- Single: The most simple of bets, you only need to pick the correct winner.
- Double: A double is two football bets on the same ticket. For instance you might bet on Mamelodi Sundowns and Kaizer Chiefs to both win. For example you place a R100 double bet on Sundows at 1.77 to beat the Chiefs and Orlanda Pirates at 1.64 to beat SuperSport United. If both Sundowns and Chiefs win, you get back your initial outlay, plus your winnings. (R100 x 1.77 x 1.64 = R290). A profit of R190.
- A treble or triple: A treble is three bets on the same ticket. For instance you might back Mamelodi, Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando to win. For instance you place R100 on Mamelodi, paying 2.50 to beat Ama Zulu, Kaizer Chiefs is at 2 to beat Cape Town and Newcastle United are paying $4 to beat Moroka Swallows. (R100 x 2.50 x 2 x 4 = R2000). A profit of R1900.
- Accumulator: Can often be referred to as a multibet or parlay, and is when you have more than three bets on the same ticket. All of the bets must be successful for it to pay out.
- Total goals (Over/under): You beat on whether both teams will score more or less than 2.5 goals or another fixture nominated by the soccer bookmaker for the match.
- Correct score: Bet on what the score-line will be at the end of 90 minutes.
- First goal: Pick which team, or even which player, will score the first goal.
- Half-time: Pick the result of the game at half time, home win, away win or draw.
- Half time/full time: Pick the team winning at half-time and then pick the final result. For instance you could back Kaizer Chiefs to lead at half-time but Mamelodi to get the overall result.
- Draw no bet: Bet on either team to win the match, if the game ends in a draw your stake is given back.
- First goal scorer: Pick which player from either team will score the opening goal of the match.
- Last goal scorer: Pick which player on the field will score the last goal of the match.
- Anytime goal scorer: Back a player to score a goal at any time during the match.
- Scorecast: Pick the first player to score and the final score of the game during normal time. Both picks must be right for you to win.
Rand payment methods at SA soccer betting sites
There are numerous ways South Africans can fund their online betting accounts, including credit and debit cards, web wallets and even cryptocurrencies.
Rand deposit options at soccer betting sites will suit those situated in South Africa, with the payment types generally having low fees and strong convenience, including the ability to deposit instantly.
Common payment types at South African soccer betting sites include:
- Credit card
- SID Instant EFT
- All Rand bookmaker deposit options